10 Minute Pesto with Zucchini Pasta
(Gluten & Dairy Free)
Pasta has always been a quick fix, but the combination of grains and dairy can leave you feeling heavy and sluggish. Enter zucchini pasta (or courgette as we call it here in the UK). With a handheld spiralizer (which you can pick on Amazon for very little), you can make yourself this green pasta. Pesto is traditionally made in pestle and mortar – this is a quick version, all you need to do is chuck the ingredients into a blender and you’re good to go. You can even eat this raw.
Pesto with Zucchini Pasta
Diary-Free Pesto ingredients:
- 75g cashews (or 100g if not using pine nuts)
- 25g pine nuts (optional as these are more costly)
- 1/2 large avocado or 1 small
- 100ml nut milk
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast (you can leave out if you don’t have it, though it does add to the flavour)
- 1 tsp avocado oil
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 8 basil leaves
- Couple pinches of fresh parsley
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
Zucchini pasta ingredients:
- 1 zucchini/courgette
- 3 mushrooms
- 1 small-med white onion
- 125g (or whatever) tenderstem asparagus
- Handful of spinach
Light lunch version:
- Chuck all of the pesto ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Use your spiraliser to make the zucchini strands and then place them into a pan with a drizzle of avocado oil. Cook through (a few minutes). Stir in the pesto and heat till warm.
1. Chuck all of the pesto ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Remove the hard ends of the asparagus. Use a skillet or wok with a little bit of avocado oil. Heat up and then add either
tenderstemasparagus or sliced regular asparagus.
3. Cook for a few minutes and then add some sliced mushroom and diced onion.
4. Use your spiraliser to make the zucchini strands and add to the pan, cook for a further few minutes until softened.
5. Stir in the pesto and spinach, heat through.
Want more support?
Come and join the Facebook group…
Green Body Mojo and its publications are strictly informational and not intended as medical advice, nor a substitution for medical advice. For medical advice, diagnosis and treatment please consult your physician or other qualified health providers. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.
© 2017-2018 Green Body Mojo LTD