Overnight Chia Pudding
“Chia” means strength in ancient Mayan and these seeds were highly prized for their ability to support and sustain long-distance running. For women’s health, it’s worth noting that these wonder seeds contain 3 times more spinach than iron, are a complete protein as well as a source of calcium, fibre and omega fatty acids. Due to their ability to rapidly absorb 9-12 times their volume in liquid, they make the ideal “glue” for plant-based recipes, such as the Grab-and-Go Energy Bars. (Linseed (flax) has similar properties, however, due to the high levels of phytoestrogens in linseed, may not be the best option for those with oestrogen dominance, so I use chia instead.)
- 1 cup nut milk (200ml)
- 1/4 cup (4 tbsp) chia seeds
- 1 tbsp chopped dates
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Banana or berries as topping
- Optional: any extra toppings such as chopped nuts.
- Pour the milk into a glass or jam jar.
- Add the chia seeds (1/4 cup/4 tbsp), chopped dates (1 tbsp) and vanilla extract (1/4 tsp) and give it a stir.
- Place in the fridge overnight (or for at least 15 minutes if you can’t wait).
- Top with some fresh berries or slices of banana. You can add any extra you like such as chopped nuts.
- Give it a stir when you eat it as the chopped dates will have fallen to the bottom.
Want more support?
Come and join the Facebook group…
Green Body Mojo and its publications are strictly informational and not intended as medical advice, nor a substitution for medical advice. For medical advice, diagnosis and treatment please consult your physician or other qualified health providers. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.
© 2017-2018 Green Body Mojo LTD