Breakfast | Snacks
Raw Seed Bars (Grain-Free)
Raw seed bars were one of the first ‘health food’ recipes I ever made – they’re so simple to make and you can really pack in the good stuff! Seeds, nuts and coconut oil are all good sources of essential fatty acids and, as the name suggests, are essential to the body. EFA’s and are involved in numerous processes including brain and nerve function, energy, metabolism and healthy skin, hair and nails.
Raw Seed Bars
Portion: 4 large slices
- 1 cup mixed seeds
- 1/2 cups nuts of your choice
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp nut butter
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 2 tsp blackstrap molasses
- 1 tsp date syrup or raw honey
- Coarsely blend 1/2 cup of mixed seeds (use the grinder blade).
- Add this to a mixing bowl with 1/2 cup of whole mixed seeds.
- Coarsely blend 1/2 cup nuts (I blend the nuts separately from the seeds since the nuts take longer to blitz) and add to the mix, along with the remaining ingredients; 1/2 cup chopped dates, 2 tbsp coconut butter, 2 tbsp nut butter, 1 tbsp tahini, 2 tsp blackstrap molasses and 1 tsp date syrup.
- Mix well and place in a deep sided baking tray or lunchbox. Press the mixture down very firmly until well compact; the bars should be about 1.5″ deep.
- Cut into 4 slices before placing in the freezer to set for at least 20 mins, then enjoy!
Storing suggestion: These seed bars are best stored in the freezer. This helps keep the ground seed fresh and maintains structural integrity (coconut oil sets hard)! They also taste really nice cold!
the endo diet
Green Body Mojo and its publications are strictly informational and not intended as medical advice, nor a substitution for medical advice. For medical advice, diagnosis and treatment please consult your physician or other qualified health providers. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.
© 2017-2018 Green Body Mojo LTD