Raw Vegan Energy Balls
(No Refined Sugars or Syrups)
Quick, simple & easy, these raw vegan energy balls are a handy on-the-go snack. Packed with nutrients, protein, fibre and healthy fats, the sweetness comes 100% from dates, so no refined sugars or syrups. The fibre helps to stabilise blood sugar levels, giving you a more sustained source of energy.
Raw Vegan Energy Balls
Portion: 20 balls
- 1.5 cups dates (250g)
- 1 tin chickpeas (240g drained weight)
- 1 cup desiccated coconut (160g)
- 1/2 cup nuts (80g) – I used almonds
- 1/2 cup seeds (60g) – I used a mix of sunflower, sesame, chia and pumpkin.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Optional: seeds, desiccated coconut or cacao powder to coat.
Add 4 tbsp cacao or cocoa powder (or divide the above mix in half and add 2 tbsp to half for a mix).
Add 4 tbsp cacao or cocoa powder or 2 tbsp to half + cayenne or chilli powder to taste, or chilli oil.
Add 2 tbsp nut butter or 1 tbsp to half.
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend together.
*If using a small blender such as a Nutribullet, it’s best to blend in batches (approx. 1.5 cups at a time works well).
- Scoop out into a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- Take a small portion (about 30-40g) and press together in your hand. Then, using both hands roll into a ball. (If the ball falls apart, you need to press the mix together a couple more times). Repeat!
4. Optional: Coat with seeds (chia and sesame work well) or cacao powder, desiccated coconut etc if desired. To do this, get a little coconut oil in your hands and rub over before rolling in the seeds etc. Powders should stick without this extra step.
5. Optional: Place in the freezer for an hour to help set, then remove and store in the fridge (or eat) as you like.
Storing: These energy balls store really well in the freezer, so you can always have a batch ready!
Want more support?
Come and join the Facebook group…
Green Body Mojo and its publications are strictly informational and not intended as medical advice, nor a substitution for medical advice. For medical advice, diagnosis and treatment please consult your physician or other qualified health providers. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.
© 2017-2018 Green Body Mojo LTD